WINE TOURISM HANDBOOK
The Wine Tourism Handbook, is a pictorial guided tour through the Cape Winelands, whether you’re really there or taking a virtual
trip from the comfort of your armchair.
The books start with an introduction to the Cape wine industry including a potted history, how wine is made, the different styles of wine and, of course, a section devoted to South Africa’s very own varietal, Pinotage.
The guides are jam-packed with information on the 19 different wine routes and will lead you on a journey from Darling to the west, the Orange River in the north to Walker Bay in the east and Constantia in the south. Besides an introduction on what you can do and see in each, there is a complete list with contact details of each wine farm in the region and an accompanying map will make finding them
that much easier.
Other sections of the books are devoted to tasting at the cellar doors, a chapter on where and what to eat and activities for all ages from extreme sports to gentler pursuits.
The Easy Wine Guide is a complete Winelands winelist compiled by a panel of wine writers, who have chosen what they consider the best wines from each region. The Easy Wine Guide makes your wine choices even more user friendly and offers you three choices of wine in three different price categories from each region to suit every pocket (under R50;
R50 to R100 and R100 and above). It provides information on different wines… at your fingertips - including the style of wine it's characteristics, how much it retails for at the cellar door, the alcohol volume and the kind of closure used. In addition to brief descriptors on the wine we also give you some food pairing ideas.
• Endorsed by Cape Town Routes Unlimited and used as their wine tourism marketing material at international tourism shows
• Offers exposure to a proven niche market
• Is indispensable to both local and international visitors to the Cape Winelands
• Includes accommodation, restaurants and activities within each wine region
• Has extensive coverage of events and festivals - drawcards to the winelands
• Editorial content covers all regions, districts and wards along with contact details for all the farms within them. Content also includes the history of the Winelands and the South African wine industry, cellar-door etiquette and tasting tips, wine and dine options and comprehensive listings on activities and destinations. A full Cape Winelands map is included.
• Sold in all major retail outlets within South Africa
• Sold at many wine bars, delis, boutique food outlets and wine estates.
• Available online
• Print run 20,000
• Frequency annual
• An essential medium for marketing to a prestigious and fast growing market.
Suggested retail price is R110.00