Merrell is an American footwear company founded by Clark Matis, Randy Merrell, and John Schweizer in 1981 as a maker of high-performance hiking boots. Since 1997 the company has been a wholly owned subsidiary of shoe industry giant Wolverine World Wide. The company recorded total sales of footwear and clothing of nearly $500 million in 2010.
The Merrell head office based in London, first contacted me in 2013. They required help in re-branding a US campaign to a UK market. This first involved numerous meetings in London for which I shared my creative views and opinions on where we should take the campaign. I had to use existing imagery and copy as well as following a very strict corporate identity. In the end I produced such work as; shoe background shelf wraps, shoe card inserts, store table top cards and various other store props such as a cubes and banners.
To date, I have worked on many more projects and produced a wide range of material including;
• Producing artwork for large display panels for an outdoor Expo in Germany.
• Full page magazine adverts for publications such as Grazia.
• Billboard and bus stop posters (digital and print) for the outdoor retailers Blacks and Cotswold in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
• Shop window display concepts for global markets.
• Website banners and adverts with flash media content.
• Digital signage used in public places such as train stations and airports.
• Video editing and sound recording for internal training videos.